A Look Into The Past
Hello,
I am Ashlynn Ludington (Mcwilliams). Over the past few years I have been writing stories. Many writers do this work for multiple reasons. I do not write for fame, attention or even to get noticed. Today I would like to tell you why I like to write stories. The reason I have been writing is because it's a great way to share with others the things I learn while also giving them entertainment. An example of this would be my story "The Poor Giver" which has the moral of giving. Each of my stories has a unique moral to it that the readers can learn from. In the future I hope to keep pursuing writing and if I can ever have any of my stories published I would give God all the credit. My faith is a big inspiration for most of my stories. Having a passion for God is the most important thing for me and it comes before anything else in my life. God has always been with me and always will be and that is why I am so passionate about Him. I fell in love with God when I was feeling alone and I realized God was always there and also had a deep love for me. God has been pursuing me for a long time and I felt I hadn't been pursuing Him, so I decided to change that and give my life completely to Him. Ever since then my life has been changed in ways I had no sight of before. I'm very grateful God has allowed me to see the truth and I want others to see truth also. This year I have the opportunity to go to a Guatemalan Orphanage I will be finishing construction on a dormitory in the orphanage so those kids will have a better place to stay, by doing this I will be showing the love that Jesus has shown to me to these children. Helping during Sunday school, learning basic conversational Spanish, and also teaching the kids English will be other activities I will be involved in. Summer is usually the time when kids go on vacation, camps and other fun activities. Instead of devoting my summer to fun, I am devoting my summer to doing work for the Lord with a grateful heart. The Lord said that we are here to serve:
Joshua 22:5 But be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: to love the LORD your God, to walk in obedience to him, to keep his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.” By going on this mission trip I will be obeying this verse. Many people have asked why I want to go on this trip. What does this trip mean to me? Ever since I gave my life to God I have always wanted to serve Him in any way I can. If that means I have to go on this trip to do it then you can bet I will. I can't say I am not at all nervous, but I can say that I am looking forward to this trip. I am aware of the dangers and what it's going to take, but regardless of how hard I have to work I will always focus on serving the Lord.
Comments
Post a Comment